Films can tell us a lot about the country where they were made What have you learned about a country from watching its movies Use specific examples and details to support your response

Films can tell us a lot about the country where they were made. What have you learned about a country from watching its movies? Use specific examples and details to support your response.

In this day and age, countless forms of education are both accessible and enjoyable for every party involved, one of which is learning about foreign countries by watching movies made there. From my experience, I have gained knowledge about cultures and languages around the world by experiencing foreign films.

In terms of understanding cultures, watching movies can be a tremendously resourceful tool in learning about the traditions of other countries as they are the crafts and the visions of directors and screenwriters, who are determined to express their connections with the messages, the settings, and the characters of their products. For instance, one of my favorite horror movies was Candyman – a film that not only featured a strong message about racism but also explored black Americans and their culture along with its problems. Another example would be the movie Summer In Closed Eyes, which is a collaborative effort of Japanese and Vietnamese filmmakers. Watching it, viewers can experience the traditions, customs, and the people of both countries. Hence, learning a country’s culture through movies is not impossible.

In terms of linguistic skills, I am confident that watching films is the best way to practice speaking as well as learn accents and dialects. Onset, actors, and actresses are usually required to speak, walk and act in a certain way that would fit the setting. Therefore, their crafts are the best examples for those desiring to mimic natural tones in speaking foreign languages. It is also an effective method to learn new words and different dialects. Consequently, it is rational that people can gain linguistic skills through foreign films.

To sum up, because of the aforementioned points, I think that foreign movies are the perfect gateway to understand not only their cultures but also their languages as they reflect the visions and experiences of the filmmakers living there.