Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past Agree Disagree

Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past. Agree/Disagree

In this progressive world, technology plays a paramount role in every stage of human life. Since the emergence of modern tech, there has been a heated controversy when it comes to determining the merits and demerits of its effects on children’s growth. While some people are of the opinion that technology has lowered the kids' creativity, because they have become relatively lazier than the past, I, personally, believe otherwise. The chief reasons to substantiate my viewpoint are elaborated upon hereunder.

First and foremost, the accessibility to the unlimited source of information is the best and undeniable fruit of technology. Nowadays, children can easily surf the internet, which is an ideal representation of tech, and read as well as learn about every scientific concept or artistic topic that they find appealing. This is a recipe for satisfying their curiosity which contributes to reinforcing their mind's creativity. To illustrate, familiarizing themselves with concepts of their favorite subjects and seeing other’s novel ideas about it, they try to fabricate their own creative ideas . Take the example of my little sister as a clear illustration. From a very early age, she showed an intense interest and talent in music; therefore, my parents purchased her a guitar to bring about a condition conducive to unravel her unique potentials. Against all odds, without any class or teacher, she totally mastered how to strum a piano on her own thanks to countless educative and useful videos which she watched on YouTube. Using the internet to watch other's ideas and incorporating them with her ones equipped her to compose creative pieces of music. Conversely, fifty years ego the only source of the learning was few libraries in each country which even were not available to all people. Had not she accessed the internet conveniently—as a distinct form of technology—her creativity would not have blossomed to its full potential.

Second, so far-reaching is the impact of innumerable tools brought by technology on making people—particularly children—more creative. In this matter, a great number of computer soft wares, video games, online platforms, and virtual simulations are designed by virtue of high tech. For instance, a child with an artistic passion for photographic could use Photoshop application to exercise and put their ideas into practice, or computer games by their use of fantasy would enhance children's imagination that contributes to being very creative in their future career. The example of Elan Musk is a convincing example in this regard. When he was a child, he became increasingly interested in computer programing and video games which is one of the phenomenal tools that technology brought about. Playing hours of computer games sparked a swarm of innovative ideas in his mind which with the help of his coding skill, he made his first computer games. Technology placed him in the middle of a virtuous cycle which caused him to become progressively more creative than ever. Consequently, he established several companies—each considered in the best of creative and innovative tech firms including Tesla and Space X in the following years. Had he not had access to technology, he would not be one of the most creative men in the world.

To recapitulate, with all this taken into account, I have a dominant conviction that technology contributes to making children surprisingly creative on the grounds that it provides not only immense source of information but valuable tools conducive to soar the children's creativity as well.