integrated toefl

integrated toefl

The reading passage and the professor's lecture are both discussing about a painting called " Portrait of an elderly woman in a white bonnet". The reading passage states that the features of this painting didn't possess any qualities of Rembranth's, paintings. On the other hand, the professor states that,after thorough examination from some panel of experts,it is proved that this painting is actually made by the famous Dutch painter,Rembranth.

The author of the passage states that, Rembranth always pay attention to the minor details in subject's clothings,but in this portrait there are some inconsistencies in the subject's dressing style. However, the professor disagrees. She says that, the fur collar present in the picture is actually added by someone to increase the value of this painting.

The passage also mentions that Rembranth was a master of painting light and shadow. The author explains that, in this picture reflection of light to the face is wrongly portrayed. Therefore, we can see a shadow on the subject's face. The professor contends this point by saying that, the addition of the fur collar created this problem. She explains that, if we remove the fur collar, we can see the realistic nature of the picture.

Finally,the author states that, the artist is painted this picture on a panel that is made of several pieces of wood glued together. The author defends that, none of Rembranth's picture were painted on wooden panels that glued together. The professor disputes this by saying that, when the experts checked this painting, they found out that, the real painting is done on a single piece of wood. The person who added the fur collar, added the extra pieces of wood to give the picture a grand look. The professor concludes her lecture by saying that, Rembranth used the same wood to paint his own portrait also.

Rembranth always pay attention to the minor details
Rembranth always pays attention to the minor details

the fur collar present in the picture is
the fur collar presenting in the picture is

The last paragraph is 'verbose'.