Tpo 1

Tpo 1

The reading asserts that a four-day week is more beneficial than regular five-day work, whereas the lecturer explains that none of the options that were pointed to are effective and refutes each of the author's reasons.

First of all, the article states that the company would benefit more if their employees make fewer errors. The speaker, however, dismisses this issue due to the fact that the more employees a company has, the more it should spend to train them. Also, the workers need medical insurance that adds up to the costs. Additionally, more money should be paid for additional computers and offices. Consequently, these costs directly cut into the profit of the company. Therefore, this idea is not economically reasonable for companies.

Second, the author highlights the view that the change would open more job positions for those who seek it. Conversely, the lecture brings up the idea that the companies might want their workers to work overtime. Also, the company might wrongly imagine that four-day work is enough to fulfill their requirements. As a consequence, job vacancies will decrease.

Finally, the reading passage holds the view that the more leisure time one has to spend with his or her family, the more their life quality elevates. On the contrary, the professor underlines the fact that more free-time necessarily do not boost the employees' spirit. Not only does this change reduce the workers' job stability, but it also would endanger those four-day workers to lose their job if their country faces any downturn economic situation. Likewise, companies prefer to pass over the management position to a person who can serve them continuous coverage and constant supervision. Thus, one who works a four-day workweek would be neglected by his or her bosses and lose their opportunity to improve their rank position.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.