tpo 17 integrated writing essay

tpo 17 integrated writing essay

The reading says that because of increasing human population, agricultural activities, and increasing pesticides the population of birds will decrease but the professor in the lecture disagrees with the reading's claims for the following reasons.
First, the reading says that human population and urban settlements destruct birds habitats leading to their pupulation decrease however, the professor says that though some birds may decrease in population but other types of are not negatively affected by human population increase. In fact the increase of human populations and settlements has brought a better and wider range of habitats for other birds, for example, there are reports of increasing number of hawks, podgeons, and some other birds in the streets. Hence, the urban settlements and increasing human populations has not a uniform negative effect on birds population.
Second, the reading claims that increasing agricultural ativities leads to habitat destruction and birds population will decrease as a result. However, the professor says that the lands assigned for agriculture has been in the recent years and using new crops which yeild more food per area means that there is no need to destruct habitats and therefore, bird populations will not be affected by this agicultural activities.
Finally, the reading claims that increasing use of pesticides will cause the decrease in population of birds, but the professor says that though some types of traditional pesticides may have negative effects on birds, there are two important changes in the use of pesticide s that discredit the reading claims. First, new pesticides are much less harmful than the older ones and second, people nowadays are using pest resistant plants which significantly decrease the need for using pesticides, hence, the birds's poluation will not be affected as a resulats of these two changes.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.