TPO 28

TPO 28

The reading passage mainly discussed three reasons to support the accuracy of the claim that Pearyreach the North Pole. However, the professor opposes this claim by giving contradicting statements and examples. He further explains that there is no solid evidence to prove this claim, and none of the reasons mentioned in the reading is convincing.
According to the reading passage, the result of the investigation by the National Geographic Society proved the truth of Aveary's claim. Nonetheless, the professor casts doubt on this claim and adds that this result is not precise as they spend a lot of money on this trip. Moreover, the investigation lasted for only two days, and the explorer also claimed the National Geographic committee did not their task carefully. Therefore, the result has many biased.
Regarding the reading passage, the expedition by Avery, a British explorer, who had the same speed proved this claim. On the other hand, the professor rejects this idea reasoning that the recent expedition is quite different from Peary's trip in many important ways. He further states in Avery's trip, the food transported by plane, while Peary transported all food by dogsled. Moreover, the weather conditions on the two trips were quite different. As a result, the speed of the two explorers could not be similar.
Finally, in the reading passage, it was said that the photographs that prove the sun's position on the day he reached the North Pole can prove his truth. In contrast, the professor said the photograph cannot support this claim as they are from hundreds of years ago, and they faded over time. Consequently, the position of the sun cannot be calculated precisely.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.