tpo 42 Summarize the points made in the lecture being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific solutions proposed in the reading passage

tpo 42 Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific solutions proposed in the reading passage.

Both the reading and the lecture are about birds injuries from the glass windows in the buildings. The writer claims that there are three possible solutions to prevent birds from harming themselves. As opposed to, the lecturer thinks that none of those solutions will work.

First of all, the reading passage points out that replacing the clear glass of the window from one way is a good way to solve that problem. People from inside could see out, but birds cannot see. so that the transparency is only in one way. On the contrary, the professor states that the mirror effect will not work because birds do not understand that it is a mirror reflection in front of them. As a result, they will fly toward the window.

The second argument the author gives is that people should color windows from the outside. Different colors can be easily distinguish from birds. Nevertheless, the lecturer cannot disagree more, reasoning that if people will design and paint strips on the glass, birds would think that those parts that are not colored are holes; therefore, they would tend to fly in those holes.

Finally, on one hand the reading suggests that creating magnetic field to guide birds would help them to follow the correct direction. On the other hand the professor elaborates on this by saying that birds are capable of using gravity only when they have to fly on long distances, for example from places that are cold to the warm places. For short trips they use their eye sight and the light. That is why, the gravity is not a possible solution.

In conclusion, the reading's points contrast with the lecture.