TPO 50 integrated Writing

TPO 50 integrated Writing

The article states that scientists are considering travel to mars. However, they have released some problems about the mars trip and provided three reasons for support. However, the professor explains that a trip to Mars is very challenging, but they also suggest solutions and refute each author's reasons.

First, the reading states that the Mars trip takes about two years, and it will be a problem to deliver supplies to the astronauts. The professor refutes this point by stating that the new hydroponic technology allows the astronauts to cultivate plants in the water instead of soil in the spacecraft. Hence, they can drink fresh water and plant absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen. Therefore, they are going to have fresh air.

Second, the article claims that the astronauts on the Mars trip will be in zero gravity for a long time, and it has negative effects on them. However, the professor contends that we had many astronauts in the international space station that they are in the Earth orbit and in zero gravity for a long time. We learned a large amount about protecting and managing astronauts in zero-gravity environments. For instance, exercising helps them to hold their muscles warm as well as calcium.

Third, the reading avers that the astronauts on Mars are under a large amount of space dangerous radiations. The lecture opposes this point by saying that space radiations are exposed all the time, and they are not always harmful. However, sometimes because of sun they are going to be harmful. Therefore, we can install some instruments to monitor suns radiations and alert the astronauts to take light shields for protection.