tpo13

tpo13

The article states that the commercial fossil trade causes an unfortunate development for both scientists and the general public, and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that there are few negatives consequences for the commercial fossil trades but there are many positives also. She refutes each of the Author’s reasons.

First, the reading claims that public suffer because fossils used to be donated to the museums and everybody could see them, but not now, as it is belonging for certain people. The professor opposes this point by saying that with commercial trade many organizations are able to buy the fossils like public schools and libraries, then, they would show it to the public.

Second, the article asserts that scientists loss access to the fossils and by that they loss crucial discoveries. On the other hand, the professor contends that scientists still examine the fossils. According to the professor, all fossils need to be examine first by the scientists to give it its acceptance and to discover its originality.

Third, the reading posits that fossils collectors often destroy valuable scientific evidence. The professor refutes this point by saying that whatever damage could happen to the fossils, it doesn’t compare to how many fossils wouldn’t be discovered today if there are no commercial fossils traders. She adds that little damage to the fossils better than never discovering the fossils in the first place.

Sentence: However, the professor explains that there are few negatives consequences for the commercial fossil trades but there are many positives also.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to negatives and consequences

scientists loss access to the fossils and by that they loss crucial discoveries.
scientists lose access to the fossils and by that they lose crucial discoveries.

Sentence: The professor refutes this point by saying that whatever damage could happen to the fossils, it doesn't compare to how many fossils wouldn't be discovered today if there are no commercial fossils traders.
Suggestion: Refer to fossils and traders

all fossils need to be examine first
all fossils need to be examined first

little damage to the fossils better than never discovering the fossils in the first place.
little damage to the fossils is better than never discovering the fossils in the first place.

-----------------------