TPO42

TPO42

The article states that because the fatc that birds cannot detect that glass is not an open air, they try ti fly through glass windows which they harmed evey year just because of this fact, and the author provides three solutions. However the lecturer asserts that these solutions are not effeciantly.

First the reading states that we can use the one-way glass insted of regular glass because it is transparent just in one side and birds cannot see inside the buldings and don't mistake that is an open air. However, the professor refuts this point by saying that the problem is the outside of these glasses which reflecx the light like a mirror, and birds don't understand, mirrors. Somtimes these mirrors reflect the sky and this makes birds wrong.

Second, the article claims that another solution is using paint colorful lines or other patterns on regular window glass, for instance, using stripes painted over the glass. The professor comends that this solution has also problems. The birds can see the inside of the house and think they can fly through the stripes. Also, this pattern over the windows can make the inside of houses too dark for people.

Finally, the reading avers that by creating an artificial magnetic field, we can change the flying path of birds toward away from buldins. However, the lecturer opposes this point by saying that it won't work because birds use the magnetic field for traveling for long distances. For example, when they are traveling from a cold ciry to a warm city, and they use their eyes to find which way is better to fly, so it won't be much effective.