The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Parkville Daily newspaper."Throughout the country last year, as more and more children below the age of nine participated in youth-league sports, over 40,000 of these young players suffered injuries.

The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Parkville Daily newspaper.

"Throughout the country last year, as more and more children below the age of nine participated in youth-league sports, over 40,000 of these young players suffered injuries. When interviewed for a recent study, youth-league soccer players in several major cities also reported psychological pressure exerted by coaches and parents to win games. Furthermore, education experts say that long practice sessions for these sports take away time that could be used for academic activities. Since the disadvantages outweigh any advantages, we in Parkville should discontinue organized athletic competition for children under nine."

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The claim suggest that in last year athletic competition injured many young boys and waste their time which had to be used in study. The parkville mainly young children under age of nine years suffer greatly from many injuries. The main flaw here is stating that due to athletic games children gets injured. And sport can be played juxtapose to the study, So saying that elimination of organizing athletic event will made huge difference is extrapolation.

The editor assumes that all injuries happen during last year were because of athletic event. And all injured child were under age of nine. So this assumption makes very little sense. Because during the year or at specific period there are many causes which can lead injuries to the children. And saying that by rescind the event the injuries will eliminate makes no sense. Children used to play even if there is no such events. And injuries are coherent part of athletics, So the injuries have many reasons which makes us to thought about wrong decision which is about to taken to occlude athletic event.

The parents of the children says that this type of events waste the time of children which has to be used in the study. But we all know that any mankind can not study whole day. He/She has to be freshen up. And the sports is the best way to relax as well as to learn the quality like leadership and sportsmanship. And all the famous sportsmen have the top college degrees. They also play the sports while taking care of their study. So we can not say that this will impair the study. And even if there will no athletic events than still students used to play outdoor sports after schools to calm their mind. So by playing in some special event for some day specifically lower the grades of the student is waste of argument.

The recent survey which takes interview of the soccer team noted that many people suffered from psychological pressure due to pressure from their coach. This shows just a partial reality, because when the game is about to start, The coach or other megisterial person motivate the players to give their best in the game. And they want every player at their best during every games. Players who are not too good at sports can be given instruction to emollient their game with systematic orders. Some players who wants to be in team but not ready to practice gives this type of foolish reasons to hide their incapabilities. And there is many sports event around the world, So only interviews of some soccer player doesn't suggest the view of whole mass. Many players takes the instruction as challenge and make their performance even batter.

So from given data we can not infer that only elimination of athletic event make major upheaval. Because sports is incorrigible hobby of every students as well as young people. So if this athletic event will close, It doesn't mean that people will occlude to play sports. And many players are their who gets good grades in sports as well as academics. So from this data it is not infer that only elimination can cure all these problems. If we have to get true idea we have to increase the range and sources of the survey.

argument 1 -- not OK

argument 2 -- not OK

argument 3 -- not OK
-------------------
read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-essays/following-appeared-letter-editor-…