The following appeared in a memorandum from the manager of KNOW radio station Several factors indicate that KNOW radio can no longer succeed as a rock and roll music station Consider for example that the number of people in our listening area over fifty y

The following appeared in a memorandum from the manager of KNOW radio station.
"Several factors indicate that KNOW radio can no longer succeed as a rock-and-roll music station. Consider, for example, that the number of people in our listening area over fifty years of age has increased dramatically, while our total number of listeners has declined. Also, music stores in our area report decreased sales of rock-and-roll music. Finally, continuous news stations in neighboring cities have been very successful. We predict that switching KNOW radio from rock-and-roll music to 24-hour news will allow the station to attract older listeners and make KNOW radio more profitable than ever."
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the prediction and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the prediction.

The KNOW station’s memorandum from manager mentioned that the profit of KNOW station as rock-and-roll music is decreasing and changing this station from rock-and-roll music to 24-hour news will increase this radio station’s profit. The manager has come to this conclusion based on the facts that over 50 years of the radio service the number of listeners is decreasing while the number of old listeners is increasing. The other evidence that let manger to conclude this is the report from their area’s music stores as the sales of rock-and-roll music are decreasing. Also, the fact of success of neighboring news station - continuous news station – as a news station also pave the way for manager to think about shifting from music station to news station will be profitable. However, before this prediction can be properly evaluated, three questions must be answered.
First of all, are all the listeners of rock-and-roll music are shifting towards the news? In other words, what if listeners are not shifting to news rather, they are busy in their daily life? It is possible that the listeners of rock-and-roll music were the young ones and with time they are busy in struggling with their own life. They don’t have much time to listen the music and improve the sales of rock-and-roll music. This circumstance might oppose the manager’s prediction. Also, they might shift from rock-and-roll to jazz music instead of shifting to news. This might also be the case, isn’t it? Perhaps they are enjoying jazz too much so that they might not have tuned KNOW station as it always plays rock-and-roll music. If both of the circumstances are true, then the predictions of the manager do not hold water.
Secondly, what if although shifting from rock-and-roll music to news station, the qualities of KNOW music will not be similar to that of continuous music in the neighbor? What if the qualities of news that continuous station comprises are not given by the KNOW music? This might be the case that the news listeners of continuous station are passionate about the news delivering quality and KNOW music will nor be success in delivering such qualities. Also, the voice of news reader in the continuous station might have saccharine and listeners of it are in love with this voice. KNOW station might not be able to find such a sweet voiced new reader and might not gain listeners even after shifting to 24-hour news. This might also be the case. If either of these scenarios have merit, then the prediction drawn in the original argument is significantly weakened.
Finally, is the reason behind the success of continuous station is only profit? What if certain other factors like its eminence, efforts of employs or other important things are reasonable for its success? The continuous station might be success due to its through advertisement. It might be successful because it may have a large range of frequency encompassing the wide area of the city than KNOW music do. Also, the success behind the continuous station might be the work of effective workers. The station might have employees who have a very long experiences in the advertisement of music stations. It can be he scenario behind continuous station’s success. If the cases mentioned here is true, the prediction of managers cannot pave the way for his 24-hour news station’s success.
In conclusion, the argument, as it stands now, is considerably flawed due to its reliance on several unwarranted assumptions. If the author is able to answer the three questions above and offer more supporting evidence (perhaps in the form of systematic research study), then it will be possible to fully evaluate the viability of the proposed recommendation to shift from rock-and-roll music to 24-hour news station.