The following appeared on the Mozart School of Music Web site The Mozart School of Music should be the first choice for parents considering enrolling their child in music lessons First of all the Mozart School welcomes youngsters at all ability and age le

The following appeared on the Mozart School of Music Web site.
"The Mozart School of Music should be the first choice for parents considering enrolling their child in music lessons. First of all, the Mozart School welcomes youngsters at all ability and age levels; there is no audition to attend the school. Second, the school offers instruction in nearly all musical instruments as well a wide range of styles and genres from classical to rock. Third, the faculty includes some of the most distinguished musicians in the area. Finally, many Mozart graduates have gone on to become well-known and highly paid professional musicians."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

In the given excerpt from Mozart School of Music website, the author avers the school be parent's first choice while enrolling their child in music lessons. The author presents four features of the school—about the enrolling process, courses they offer, their faculty, and their graduates—in support to the argument. It is possible for Mozart School of Music to be the first choice for parents, but the claims hinges on unfounded assumptions, if not substantiated, will undermine the persuasiveness of the argument.

Firstly, the author assumes that the parents would prefer to enroll their children to a school that is open for all. It explicitly mentions that anyone willing to enroll need not go through any audition and people with all abilities and of any age group would get enrolled. Would the parents really want to send their children where there might be people many years older or younger than them? It is possible that parents would want their children to be surrounded with people who are as talented as their children and with no audition there might be students who might know nothing at all. Perhaps, the children would be intimidated by old people who are already adept in the instrument that the children do not even know how to hold. Beginner children might want to be surrounded with learners like them and proficient might want to learn more from avid learners of their type. Therefore, parents might prefer schools with specified age group or with certain ability. In such scenario, it will be untenable to claim that Mozart School of Music would be the first choice of the parents.

Secondly, the author supposes that parents would want to enroll their school that teaches wide range of music and different instruments. This wide range offered by the school might make the parents wary about the quality of teaching delivered in the school. For instance, the parents might prefer to teach only piano to his or her child and might opt for a school which is specifically for teaching piano. Parents might doubt that the school might not have sufficient expertise in every genre and every instrument as there are wide range in Mozart School. If this feature makes the parents more skeptical, then will the Mozart school be the first choice of the parents? It is more likely for the parents to not to choose Mozart School. Therefore, the claim is not justified.

Lastly, the author assumes that the parents would choose school having distinguished musicians in their faculty. It is possible that such distinguished musicians might not be able to give necessary time to the school activities. There are no pieces of evidence that such distinguished musicians are good teachers. So, the mere presence of distinguished musicians cannot justify that the parents would opt for Mozart School. Moreover, the argument does not explain about the role of the school in making their graduates well-known. It might be possible that those graduates were already well-known and highly paid even before getting enrolled in the school. In such case, such graduates might not be an alluring factor for the parents.

In summation, as the arguments relies on unfounded assumptions, it is not justified to claim that Mozart School of Music to be the first choice of the parents who consider enrolling children in music lessons. More pieces of evidence must be provided that connect the assumptions and the claim.