Essay topics: The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company.
"According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the past year. Clearly, the contents of these reviews are not reaching enough of our prospective viewers. Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of our movies but with the public's lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available. Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising."
Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.
A memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company talks about decrease in number of viewers as reported by their marketing department in a report. They concluded that the reason behind decrease in attendees is lack of advertisement so, they decided to allocate a greater share of budget on advertising. The Director should consider the following points before taking any action on problem because there are loopholes in given argument.
First, the information that fewer people attended Super Screen Produced movies this year in comparison to past year is not based on any solid ground. It did not mention the statistical data or method of conclusions drawn in the report. It is very important that the statement should have concert evidences to analyses the problem.
Secondly, according to Director the quality is not an issue of decrease in people who attend the movies. It is also seeming to be unfeasible because the quality of movies, direction, story, sounds and animations are major factors which attract the people. The writer cannot deny with these important parts. It is important that the Director should do research on why people do not watch the movies then come to the conclusions.
Finally, one more point mentioned by writer, there are less reviewers and all are positive. It is not enough to convince to people about the quality of movies is rich. Reviews tells about people's experience and there are few attendees so how we say that there is no problem in production of movies. To advertise the product is not enough the marketing department should find their competitors and take poll of people who don't like Super Screen Produced movies.
To sum up above discussion, the conclusion is the Super Screen Movies Production Company present lack of evidences behind given argument and the recommendation of spending more budget on advertisement is not appropriate on the basis of argument.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|6 days 13 hours ago||YO||40||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 14 hours ago||Daffodilia||59||Read full essay|
|4 weeks 22 hours ago||kook||50||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||sefeliz||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||farhadmoqimi||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||Harshali_15||50||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||ken10091995||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 days ago||samira@||42||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||shadira||45||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||nishchit20||51.5||Read full essay|
- The following appeared in a memo from the mayor of Brindleburg to the city council."Two years ago, the town of Seaside Vista opened a new municipal golf course and resort hotel. Since then, the Seaside Vista Tourism Board has reported a 20% increase (68)
- The following appeared in a memo from the vice president of a company that builds shopping malls around the country."The surface of a section of Route 101, paved just two years ago by Good Intentions Roadways, is now badly cracked with a number of da (58)
- The following appeared in a recommendation from the president of Amburg's Chamber of Commerce."Last October the city of Belleville installed high-intensity lighting in its central business district, and vandalism there declined within a month. T (58)
- The following appeared as part of an article in a Dillton newspaper."In an effort to bring new jobs to Dillton and stimulate the city's flagging economy, Dillton's city council voted last year to lower the city's corporate tax rate by (51.5)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than i (40)
- Some people argue that successful leaders in government, industry, or other fields must be highly competitive. Other people claim that in order to be successful, a leader must be willing and able to cooperate with othersWrite a response in which you discu (50)
- The following appeared in a memo from New Ventures Consulting to the president of HobCo, Inc., a chain of hobby shops."Our team has completed its research on suitable building sites for a new HobCo hobby Shop in the city of Grilldon. We discovered th (53)
- The following appeared in an editorial in a business magazine."Although the sales of Whirlwind video games have declined over the past two years, a recent survey of video-game players suggests that this sales trend is about to be reversed. The survey (56.5)
- Humans arrived in the Kaliko Islands about 7,000 years ago, and within 3,000 years most of the large mammal species that had lived in the forests of the Kaliko Islands had become extinct. Yet humans cannot have been a factor in the species' extinctio (44)
- The following appeared in a health magazine."The citizens of Forsythe have adopted more healthful lifestyles. Their responses to a recent survey show that in their eating habits they conform more closely to government nutritional recommendations than (60)