Essay topics: "Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand our coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs."
The author here discuss about the decline in the business because of the late night news program that has increased its time in showing national news and less time to weather and local news. But there is no data showing that the business is declined because of the less time to weather and local news. There can be many reasons for the decline of business, for example the advertising revenue is decreased because of the other television station giving better offers, and the decrease in the local sales of business can be the reasons.
Firstly the author does not give any statistical data about the revenue of the television station which can be compared to judge the decline in business. There is no data that from how many years have the television station devoted the increased time to national news. The cancellation of the advertising contracts could be because the decline in the local business and the advertising contract is not increasing the cancelled.
Secondly, the decline of the business could be because the other television station would be offering the advertising for a low cost or the other television station would have more viewers. The more the viewers the more the business and that would them increase the business. The decline could be because the local business would be advertising in the internet which is widely used and could be more effective and less costly. The increase in the mobile phones and computers this age is becoming digital and advertising in the social network would be more beneficial.
Thirdly the complains received from viewers that they were concerned with station's coverage of weather and local news is irrelevant to decline in business as it cannot be affected by it, the two events cannot be compared as they are two different event and it is not necessary that the decline in revenue is because of that. The argument does not have any data stating that the decline of revenue is because of the less devoted time to local and weather news.
In the conclusion it cannot be proved that the less devoted time to local news and national news has declined the revenue of television station only the complains are made by viewers no local business has complained regarding this issue so it can be because of the completion between other television station or the influence of the digital age that has influenced the local business to advertise the digitally.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|21 hours 4 min ago||oindranil||51.5||Read full essay|
|1 day 17 hours ago||Shion||58||Read full essay|
|3 days 17 hours ago||harini_123||66||Read full essay|
|4 days 22 hours ago||sraha||30||Read full essay|
|6 days 8 hours ago||drashti19||35||Read full essay|
|1 week 11 min ago||hvarpe||60||Read full essay|
|1 week 3 days ago||Alfonso||68||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 2 days ago||aadharsh||30||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 3 days ago||teheiniat||50||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 6 days ago||vikas104567||33||Read full essay|
- Colleges and universities should require their students to spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the (50)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting yo (50)
- "On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involving mopeds and pedestrians, the town council of Balmer Island should limit (40)
- College students should base their choice ofa field of study on the availability of jobsin that field.Write a response in which you discuss theextent to which you agree or disagree withthe claim. In developing and supporting yourposition, be sure to addre (50)
- "Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station's coverage of (49)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college. (50)