A recent study indicates that children living in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal have lower levels of tooth decay than children living in suburban areas in the United States, despite the fact that people in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal re

A recent study indicates that children living in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal have lower levels of tooth decay than children living in suburban areas in the United States, despite the fact that people in the Himalayan mountain region in Nepal receive little to no professional dental care, while people in suburban areas in the United States see a dentist an average of 1.25 times per year. Thus, regular dental care is not helpful in preventing tooth decay.

Write a response in which you discuss one or more alternative explanations that could rival the proposed explanation and explain how your explanation(s) can plausibly account for the facts presented in the argument.

Whatever we eat or whatever we consume, it enters our body via chewing. Chewing is done via teeth inside our mouth. Not chewing the food properly or consuming packed or fast foods which gets stuck in our teeth for hours causes tooth decay.

Cavity or tooth decay is caused by longer exposure of tooth to unhealthy items or sodas or from accumulation of food inside our teeth. This food products get unknowingly stucked in human teeth. Children's living in suburban areas of the United States, eat lot of junk food like cold drinks,pizzas, and burgers. This food are stated by doctors as not good for health. These eatable items get stuck in our teeth till we clean them and causes tooth decay or tooth problems.

Children's staying in the Himalayan mountain regions are not exposed to any sorts of junk items. They are always exposed to healthy fruits or food. These children are little aware of junk foods. The quality of food available in such regions are healthy and have little or almost negligible health causing issues.

Although, people of the United States visits a dentist on an average 1.25 times per year. But visiting a dentist and cleaning teeth regularly are different issues. This cannot be said as a regular dental care. Regular dental care are normally explained where people take care of their teeth on daily basis. People of Himalayas use many precautionary measures for the same. For ex they use the plant Neem, branches to clean their teeth. This not only improves the gums of human body but also provide a healthy teeth. They are far away from all the dentist designed tooth paste or advanced technology tooth brushes available in market.

Children's staying in the United States should start visiting dentist more regularly than now. They should visit them as often as possible. Other possibility is make sure to clean the teeth before sleep at night. This cleaning will help removing unwanted food particles to get ejected and not causing any harm till next morning.

One should also reduce the intake of suck unhealthy food items and consume healthy items for proper diet balance and body maintenance.This will also be beneficial as healthy foods will provide human body with all sorts of proteins or vitamins.

You didn't get the point how to argue. You may read more essays in testbig site to check out how to argue.