Essay topics: The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.
The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of competition and not cooperation. Competition is one of the most basic instinct of human beings, it was our competitive spirite rather than cooperation which kept us alive, during our days on Savana competing with voracious wolfs and tigers. This instinct also need not be instilled in anyone, it is already present in the human genome and have always brought the best out of us. There are several instances in history from which it can be observed that how competition brought the best out of us, for example, Thomas Edison verses Tesla brought the best and sustanaible option of alternating current rather there had been no competion then we would still be using Edison's Direct current based appliances.
Competetion is not something that we have search for in our lives, we compete in every aspect of live till our last breath, which is itself is a competition till the end. Right from our childhood, we have the ability and tendency to compete. School competitions, competing with children of same age, competition for job and competition for life parterner. Cooperation which looks like an essential part of life but it is not as much important as competition. Cooperation hinders the growth of an individual, although might be necessary in some instances, makes people languid. If people cooperate a lot then there will be no engendering of new ideas, there will be no new approaches and methods to solve any problem and the whole worlds development stops.
For instance if there would have been competition between Bill Gates and Steve Jobs then there would have been no Microsoft and Apple that we see today. Here are two things to notice Xerox the first ever company to develop a mouse and graphic user interface due to its extreme cooperation lots its competitive advantage, it could have been the conglomerate of electronics industry rather Microsoft or Apple. Competition not only brings the best out of the people but it also makes people audacious, people start to take risks which they would have certainly avoided if they would have been cooperative. Even in present day scenario compete with each other head to head then only comsumer gets the finest products at cheaper rates. Competition is excellent of countries, if people of the country are competitive enough then they can make a mark in world in the name of their counrty. If people are not competitive then their country stands no chance to standing any where in the global perspective. Similarly, things can be applied to the leadership, if a leader is competitive then he can encourage his whole team to perform better than others and can elicite results which could have not been possible if he would not have been competitive.
However, ther are instance where excessive competition will act as a spurious mechanism to decieve people. If the competition is very high in certain sectors than to over come the competition people generally employ some tacticts, it results harmful for all whi are involved in it. For example, two companies are very competitive in a certain sector then they will force their employies to work over time. This not only facilitates the production of products of cheaper quality but also creates additional mental pressure on workers. Such things are deleterious in all aspects, thus is such cases cooperation is must to maintain high moral of the workers and to maintain the quality.
There is no doubt that competition is essential in every aspect of life for a countries people to have excellent products, life quality. For a society to grow people should be trained to be competitive and thrive for what they want. This help is generating new ideas and methods to tackel several problem of life and society is better way.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 day 23 hours ago||Venkateshwar||50||Read full essay|
|2 days 23 hours ago||Harshali_15||50||Read full essay|
|2 days 23 hours ago||Ruchi14||50||Read full essay|
|4 days 21 hours ago||rajeshrawal||50||Read full essay|
|6 days 7 hours ago||amruta3097||50||Read full essay|
|6 days 22 hours ago||Venkateshwar||50||Read full essay|
|1 week 13 hours ago||psaras||50||Read full essay|
|1 week 14 hours ago||Raunaq||16||Read full essay|
|1 week 1 day ago||Warafta||50||Read full essay|
|1 week 2 days ago||ayush_27||66||Read full essay|
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any (38)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree (66)
- The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaint (48)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college (66)
- Claim: An piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual turns out to be inaccurate.Write a response in which you discuss the e (50)
- People who are the most deeply committed to an idea or policy are also the most critical of it.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve (73)