Essay topics: College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.
Most college students, after graduation, apply to numerous industries, companies, organizations to advance their career and get a job. The claim that "Students should choose their field according to the availability of the jobs in that field", undermines some of the most important factors that guides the students to choose a field. Every student is an individual, and every individual is different than the other. Thus each and every student cannot possess same qualities, skills, and talents that are required for the job. Moreover, all individual cannot have same interests: some might be interested in sports, others in research work.
For instance, if this claim is to be hold true, and a student who is interested in some other field, but due to less avilable jobs takes up some other field. Then it is inevitably possible that he may not like work done in that field in the first place, and he may drop out of college which eradicates his future career. But, if he takes the field of his interest then he will atleast be interested in its studies, and, no matter what happens, if a student is motivated towards studies and does all the hard work, he will get the job one way or the other.
Further, if students are always encouraged to opt for fields in which jobs are more, then we might loose the valuable we could have got if that student opted for the field in which he is interested. A great example to this reasoning is, Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft. Had he been told to pusue the field in which jobs are greater, personal computers wouldn't be so quotodians and easy to use. Moreover, Gates further created the jobs in his field which lead others to take up this field.
One might think that every individual doesn't get job in a field in which jobs are less, and so they should choose the field that has abundant jobs. This statement, in itself, states that every individual isn't the same, as it states "everbody doesn't get job".
Thus, in conclusion, it can be said that though it looks like job is an important prospect in choice of field for a college student, instead they should base their choice more on interest rather than job availability.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 week 6 days ago||mosipenko||58||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 5 days ago||Ghader||66||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||Gh.Ne||66||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||hareeshbon||50||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||evanlu||54||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||sivanne||50||Read full essay|
|10 months 2 weeks ago||ncheels||45||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 months ago||vnwaokolo||50||Read full essay|
|1 year 6 months ago||saeedpanahi||66||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||amirbahman||66||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement.In twenty years there will be fewer cars in use than there are today. (66)
- Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (85)
- TPO-21 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?For success in a future job, the ability to relate well to people is more important than studying hard in school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your ans (70)
- INTEGRATED ESSAY- SCHOOL ORGANIZATION. (3)
- When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position. (95)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television has destroyed communication among friends and family. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (70)
- What is your approach to problem-solving, and how does it work for you? Use specific details to support your response. (70)
- TOEFL essay:A company is going to give some money either to support the arts or to protect the environment . Which do you think the company should choose? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (71)
- TOEFL integrated writing: Altruism. (3)
- Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer. (66)