The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position

The effectiveness of a country's leaders is best measured by examining the well-being of that country's citizens.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

The satisfaction of inhabitants in a country cannot be a reliable source to define whether the nation’s government is efficient.

The fact that many countries that people have wealthy living condition can be attributed to the high amount of natural resources such as oil and mining. Arabian nations, for illustrations, have strongly developed from one of the poorest areas in the world in the 1940s to regions having highest GDP per capita. It is difficult to suggest that these countries would perpetuate prosperous state once the last oil well had been deployed. Another case concerned is that the numerous health citizens are living in societies where the state gets huge debts from outsource. One of the most obvious examples is Greece when prime minister promulgate that the authorities are unable to pay for their debt. In addition, Japan and European countries have also been warned for debts because it can have a detrimental effect on posterity.

Besides, it is not righteous to say that one government is working efficiently while there is extinction of freedom. Libya and Iraq, during the period under control of Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi, were once considered as affluent countries despite the fact that citizens are subjugated by dictators. Satisfactions of people are evaluated based on numeral factors that include not only living condition but also justice and freedom as an artist only flourish and develop when talent is not restricted by political circumstance.

Nevertheless, history proves that an effective government can bring a great ascendant of economic development. Singapore government perfectly exemplifies this argument when it benefits the country that has become a powerful one since being independent of Malaysia. In addition to Singapore, countries in which authorities made deliberated and correct decisions experienced huge progress of living situation.

Although the well-being of country’s citizens sometimes can be attributed to the government, it is not an approach that can determine the usefulness of the authority. There are measures besides living condition of a country to define the effectiveness of the authority.