Essay topics: If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it are justifiable.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
It is not eccentric to debate that in the world, we live, accessing to an especially invaluable goal by any means is a controversial issue among people. While some people think that the object does not justify means, others oppose this idea. In my view, I mostly agree with the idea that when a goal is worthwhile it is logical to use any tools to achieve it because of two reasons.
First of all, using any means to access essential goals leads to essential positive results, and preventing detrimental problems which will be resulted in the lack of this goal. That is, by achieving any important goal everyone could access some profits and also avoid some detrimental results. For example, in nuclear negotiation among Iran and the other six countries, five European countries and Unites states, these countries reach to a nuclear dealer in spite of having opposites viewpoints in some aspects. Iran and the other six countries have so different points about most of the issues. In facts, these countries wanted to prevent some detrimental results such as accessing to atomic bombs or initiating atomic competition all over the world. Moreover, sometimes accessing valuable goals brings more benefits to most of the people and community, so using every tool to achieve it is admittable. To explain more, former Unites stated president “Abraham Lincoln” signed freedom of slavery in all over the united states especially in the western parts of the countries to associate North and was the province and avoiding from internal war. “I did not disagree with the slavery system in the USA, but I abolish it because of preserving Unity around the country”, said Lincoln
Further, using various means to access worthy goal is a pragmatic and helpful method as compared with use well-knowد or traditional ways to get this goal. To clarify this point, every goal has its way to achieve it, yet some time some people or societies could not or are not eager to use these kinds of the means to achieve this goal, so using different and even unacceptable way in this conditions is a warrantable issue. For example, some people are fatty, and they want to lose their extra weight by the use of surgery ways which are more side effects as compared with the usual methods such as exercise and decreasing body calories. In this scenario, Surgical operations have been done on these type of the people to contracts their Gastrointestinal system which is so high risks and hectic operation. Since some overweight people are not keen to exercise or do not have enough time to exercise or take a regime, they accept the risks of this operation to reduce their body weight.
Although reaching invaluable goals justify its means, this does not mean that every tool in every condition could be used to access this goal. To explain more, is it logical to get Millionaire by the use of corruptions? Or is it rational to be a leader of a particular country by killing most of the innocuous people?
In summary, while some people think that using any means to achieve worthy goals is not acceptable, I disagree with this idea due to avoiding detrimental conditions which will be produced when could not success to get this goal, and also use various methods to access valuable goals is more conducive as compared with the using only one way.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|6 days 4 hours ago||sefeliz||66||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 2 days ago||mflzzz||16||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||nikkk||66||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||nikkk||16||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||echoingdowns||16||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||fernanf||83||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||Gh.Ne||79||Read full essay|
|3 months 6 days ago||saloni.p||58||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||Anuraag97||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||sanket007||50||Read full essay|
- The following appeared in an editorial in a local newspaper."Commuters complain that increased rush-hour traffic on Blue Highway between the suburbs and the city center has doubled their commuting time. The favored proposal of the motorists' lobby is to w (78)
- Some people believe it is often necessary, even desirable, for political leaders to withhold information from the public. Others believe that the public has a right to be fully informed.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns (66)
- The following appeared in a memo from the director of student housing at Buckingham College."To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current (83)
- A recently issued twenty-year study on headaches suffered by the residents of Mentia investigated the possible therapeutic effect of consuming salicylates. Salicylates are members of the same chemical family as aspirin, a medicine used to treat headaches. (68)
- If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it are justifiable.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting yo (66)
- The following appeared as a letter to the editor of a national newspaper."Your recent article on corporate downsizing* in Elthyria maintains that the majority of competent workers who have lost jobs as a result of downsizing face serious economic hardship (79)
- Claim: In any field — business, politics, education, government — those in power should step down after five years.Reason: The surest path to success for any enterprise is revitalization through new leadership.Write a response in which you discuss the (66)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of a journal on environmental issues."Over the past year, the Crust Copper Company (CCC) has purchased over 10,000 square miles of land in the tropical nation of West Fredonia. Mining copper on this land wi (83)
- The surest indicator of a great nation is represented not by the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists, but by the general welfare of its people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statemen (66)
- Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a (66)