Essay topics: People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
The issue states that people who make decisions based in emotions and afterwards justify those decisions with logic are poor decision makers. I completely agree with the statement. All decisions that a person has to make should be based on logic and not on emotion only.
Everyday every person has to make a number of decisions. Some may affect a person's career and life. In some situations people tend to think emotionally and take their decisions but a person needs to think logically also. For example, if a friend who barely passes the examinations asks you to help him cheat and you think emotionally and help him but by helping him cheat you are not really helping your friend. Later you try to justify your decision by saying that if you hadn't helped him, he would have probably failed. This is obviously a bad decision. The person should have reasoned logically that by helping his friend, he is doing more harm than good as it will become a habit of his friend to cheat.
In work place also you need to make a number of decisions. Some work may affect the society also. For example, if a person works in Intelligence and he is working on a bomb threat, he cannot make decision based on emotion and ask his family to leave that area. That would lead the person's family to tell others to evacuate and there would be a confusion in people about what is happening. This might alert the terrorist and he may pull the trigger which could take lives of many people. The person may later try to justify his decision saying that he wanted to save his family. However by doing so he indirectly killed many people.
There are some decisions where a person should think emotionally. For example a doctor should think emotionally if a person has met with an accident and no relative has arrived yet, he should take care of the patient and treat him and not wait for the relative to arrive and pay the money. But if people take advantage of this and don't pay money after the operation has been done, the doctor would lose money on the resources that he used as well as his skills. So a person should be aware of where he should think emotionally and where he should think logically.
People make a lot of decisions everyday which could affect the lives of other people as well, so he should always think logically and not think emotionally and then try to justify their decision logically.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 weeks 4 hours ago||yashincontrol||50||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||GREprep021219||79||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||rajeshrawal||50||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||amusnakate||33||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||Hitzee||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||kholiya.kamlesh||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||pawan shinde||50||Read full essay|
|2 months 4 weeks ago||adnan_3082||79||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 day ago||ez2412||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||Navis||83||Read full essay|
- Some people suggest that it is wrong to give money to beggars asking for money on the street, while others think that it is the right thing to do. Which point of view do you think is correct, and why? (60)
- Some parents forbid young children from owning smart phones (cell phones with Internet access), while others disagree and believe that they are important tools for keeping in touch. Which point of view do you think is better, and why? (60)
- People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos (54)
- The following appeared as part of a petition sent to residents of Youngtown by an environmental protection group:“The Smith Corporation should not be permitted to develop the land that is now part of the Youngtown Wildlife Preserve. This sanctuary is es (50)
- An ailing patient should have easy access to his or her doctor's record of treating similarly afflicted patients. Through gaining such access, the ailing patient may better determine whether the doctor is competent to treat the medical condition.Write a r (50)
- As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. (82.5)
- In any field of endeavor, it is impossible to make a significant contribution without first being strongly influenced by past achievements within that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement (16)
- A recent survey of 250 adults between 30-45 showed an association between the number of hours adults spend online each day and self reporting of symptoms commonly associated with depression. The survey found that adults who spend 30 hours or more online e (50)
- Some people believe it is imperative for individuals living in developed nations to reduce their energy consumption and lead a more sustainable lifestyle, given the evidence for global climate change. Others believe that such drastic lifestyle changes are (54)
- The following appeared in a memorandum from the owner of Movies Galore, a chain of movie-rental stores."Because of declining profits, we must reduce operating expenses at Movies Galore's ten movie-rental stores. Raising prices is not a good option, since (50)