Essay topics: Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.
Educational Institute, like college, serves to prepare both academically and professionally, for our lives ahead of us, especially for work-space. It lay a foundation through which we climb up the ladder of achievements. While some might agree that we should learn the subject of our choice, I believe it is true but with some reservations.
First reason for my belief is that nowadays colleges have plethora of course that students can select and go forward to study that might become his means of earning compared to our previously generation, 2 decades back, when there were limited choices which heavily depends upon the line of work available at that time. But this confuses the pre-college students. Students, just out of senior high school, having least knowledge about the job market, tends to lean forward to the course either popular among their friends or get pursue by their parents’ choice blindly, while selecting for their first major of their undergraduate. This non-cognitive decision leads to failure of success in terms of money when they graduate. They, then, either criticize people whom they asked about their choice or try to learn same or different course in order to gain good knowledge and experience for their safe landing on the job. Therefore, Selection of college major without proper consideration current market situation, could be a fatal step.
Second reason for my belief is college students have less experience of the problems faced in real work-space, therefore, once out of college being landed in a job, they face certain unease in the culture. It can also be said that some college are less likely to prepare their students for the job-open culture. By teaching the work ethics such as, pressure handling and time management at work-space, can ready the student for their first job. Therefore, students, in addition of their major coursework, should consider opting for work ethical culture course as a Minor course so that they can be benefit and feel comfortable for their employment.
However, it is recommended to study the course which is popular in the current job market, due to an ease to land on a good job making appreciable income, but, learning about the courses which are less popular, if studied successfully both academically and professionally with the help of internship training and free-lancing, could result in a much greater success than the conventional career choices.
In conclusion, Selection of suitable course in accordance with current job market with consideration of taking the work ethic classes in during their time of education, can prepare a confident fresh graduate to land on his first employment successfully.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|4 days 1 hour ago||1172910232||50||Read full essay|
|1 week 6 days ago||shoeb_athar||83||Read full essay|
|1 week 6 days ago||mukesh7541||58||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 19 hours ago||Ujjwala99||66||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 6 days firstname.lastname@example.org||66||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 days ago||gre_user||50||Read full essay|
|1 month 6 days ago||Brandon_Chen||66||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||rushabh71||50||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||navjotsandhu49||58||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||Marcello||66||Read full essay|
- "In order to stop the recent decline in our profits, we must reduce operating expenses at Movies Galore's ten movie-rental stores. Since we are famous for our special bargains, raising our rental prices is not a viable way to improve profits. La (50)
- Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future. (66)
- Claim: The best way to understand the character of a society is to examine the character of the men and women that the society chooses as its heroes or its role models.Reason: Heroes and role models reveal a society's highest ideals. (86.5)
- The following appeared in a memo from the director of a large group of hospitals."In a controlled laboratory study of liquid hand soaps, a concentrated solution of extra strength UltraClean hand soap produced a 40 percent greater reduction in harmful (58)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college. (66)
- The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the (59)
- Politicians should pursue common ground and reasonable consensus rather than elusive ideals. (16)
- Leaders are created by the demands that are placed on them. (59)
- People's behavior is largely determined by forces not of their own making. (66)
- The human mind will always be superior to machines because machines are only tools of human minds. (83)