Some people believe that scientific discoveries have given us a much better understanding of the world around us Others believe that science has revealed to us that the world is infinitely more complex than we ever realized Write a response in which you d

Some people believe that scientific discoveries have given us a much better understanding of the world around us. Others believe that science has revealed to us that the world is infinitely more complex than we ever realized.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

Indeed, science has given us a lot to talk about. From the ability to see a different world through the use of powerful microscope, walking on the moon, studying particles at the nano and micro scale which have broaden our horizon and provided innovative solutions to some of the intractable problems that have limited us before now in medicine, finance, archeology, engineering, and much more. These discoveries also come with it inherit complexities and have spurn us to be a little more cautious and to see our world as one that is convoluted. In this article, I will be discussing some of the benefits of scientific discoveries, how it has made us to understand our world better, and the complexities it offers.
To begin with, scientific discovery has led to significant progress in diverse medicine. When plasmodium parasite killed many in Africa, humans first thought it was an evil spirit until a team of scientist discovered the pathogen which led to a better understanding of the disease and a quick remedy to the ailment. This is also the case for the covid-19 pandemic that started in Asia, for the umpteen time, we say scientists across the globe working collaboratively to provide a cure and outline guidelines. As they understood the virus, they provided the world with better superior information on how to manage it, led healthy lives and still go about our normal activities. Their research, culminated in the development of vaccines that have been shared across the globe and saved millions of lives.
Secondly, as engineers better understood our world, we have seen improvement in our manufacturing processes. This has led to a drastic reduction in the amount of man power that is used to perform useful work. We now have better equipment – tools and machines, that have optimized the time required for production and saved cost. Also, scientific discovery has led to the significant gains in the field of microsystems – micro electro-mechanical systems, that have revolutionized other fields such as medicine, pharmaceuticals and biomedical systems.
Furthermore, space exploration has taken a different dimension. The possibility that man can now live on other planet is gradually becoming a reality, billionaires such as Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk are investing in research that will make that reality.
Although, I concede that this discovery comes with its associated complexities. We are now aware of the high cost of impurities and its effects on semiconductors that we have to build an almost pure design laboratory in billions of our currency. We are now aware that our universe is far more complex than we thought, and that there are significantly more galaxies that we are yet to explore.
Indeed, these realities can be overwhelming and usually exposes us to the fact that we may not be able to understand all its complexities. However, this is the beauty of innovation, in that in these complexities comes with enormous benefits.