Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.
Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Some people agree that tourists or visitors from abroad should follow local customs, while some disagree and believe that the host country should welcome cultural differences. In one side, we, as individual, have our own perspectives that build our identity as a part of one country’s citizen. On the other side, some people also have their own perspectives that were built by their values and local customs that they believe. In fact, these cultural differences will open our mind and improve our understanding.

Identity as a citizen includes the local customs and behavioral activities of daily habit that conceive from surrounding, Indonesia, for instance, as one of the eastern cultural countries, has its local custom which differs from the western cultural countries. Some native Indonesians agree that tourist from abroad have to maintain their behaviors. In Indonesia, people, especially girls, rarely wear very-short-sleeves-shirts when they walk on the public road. Visitors from abroad have to acknowledge this local customs and make sure that their behaviors do not disturb the local wisdom and give bad influences.

On the other hand, tourists and visitors from abroad have their own perspectives that were built by their value and local customs. Population from the host country should welcome these cultural differences. For example, we cannot reinforce people from other countries to d the same ritual like what we usually do in our country. As long as they do not cross the borderlines of good main principles of local customs and values, we have to respect these differences. These cultural differences will open up our knowledge more and help to improve our paradigm about international relationship.

In conclusion, we have to respect the cultural differences and make good impression for the visitors. Yet, these visitors have to acknowledge and understand about local value and behavior as the identity of host country and do not cross the borderlines of good principles of local customs and value. Therefore, with better respect and better global understanding we can make better peace worldwide.