TPO 20 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Successful people try new things and take risks rather than only doing what they already know how to do well Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

TPO 20
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Successful people try new things and take risks rather than only doing what they already know how to do well.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Throughout history, human being has perpetually been trying to reach success. An unavoidable question which always has been the topic of controversy and brought about heated debates is whether a person should stick to what he or she is already good at or keep an open eye on new areas and take risks to enter them, in order to become successful. From my perspective, openness to new things and exposure to risks not only helps people learn new things, but also ables them to develop their business with changing situations. In the following paragraphs, I will aptly elucidate my perspective.

The first remarkable reason is that by taking risks, one exposes themselves to experience defeat, and there is an old saying that expresses "experience is a person's best teacher." When an individual experiences defeat, they learn one way that does not lead to success. In other words, defeats are necessary to find the way to success because every defeat carries a lesson, and failure can be possible by taking risks. one may believe that if you do what you can do properly, you will be successful in that particular area. the reason that I am opposing this point of view is that if you do not try new fields, you will never know what other aptitudes you have.

The second pivotal reason that is worth being taken into account meticulously is that technology, growing at an extremely fast pace, can put an end to many fields of work and open new horizons to people. to put it another way, the advancement of technology brings about changes in the fields of work. when a person closes the door to try new things, he or she brings their ability to adapt to changes to the minimum level. However, risk-taking people are flexible to changes and can acclimatize themselves to new circumstances. take for example Nokia- a cell phone company- which used to monopolize the market with its popular operating system called Symbian. with the advent of Android, the company decided to stick to its own operating system and this decision made them disappear from the mobile phone market. On the contrary, Apple, in spite popularity of Android, decided to take a risk and develop its own operating system, IOS, which led them to become one of the greatest companies in the world.

To put it briefly, all the enumerated reasons converge to the point that if people intend to be successful, they must not be afraid of taking risks. Only in that way, people can learn how to win and be ready for any unexpected change. All great humans in history are the ones who took risks and tried new ways of reaching their objectives.