TPO 46 Integrated Writing Task

TPO-46 - Integrated Writing Task

The both lecture and passage are about the merits and demerits of collecting patients’ medical records electronically. Although the author of the passage advocates that keeping data electronically is effective, the lecturer holds opposite perspective by providing three reasons.

First of all, according to the passage, collecting data electronically instead of writing them on paper is not costly; Nevertheless, the lecturer claims physicians still are obliged to store their old paper-based information as a back-up.

Second of all, the author of the passage points out that keeping patients’ records would reduce the possibility of making mistakes such as writing down incorrectly the information. While the professor advances a plenty of staffs are in charge of jotting down the medical information, for they might still make mistakes.

The last reason that was refuted by the professor was that using great amount of data for researches that are stored electronically is unlikely to happen. Moreover, she adds that patients’ information is private, and getting the permission for utilizing those information is demanding. Not only is not that possible to have an easy access those information, but also a plenty of patients block the access their medical records.