Essay topics: "During the past year, workers at our newly opened factory reported 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than workers at nearby Panoply Industries. Panoply produces products very similar to those produced at our factory, but its work shifts are one hour shorter than ours. Experts say that fatigue and sleep deprivation among workers are significant contributing factors in many on-the-job accidents. Panoply's superior safety record can therefore be attributed to its shorter work shifts, which allow its employees to get adequate amounts of rest."
The vice president of a manufacturing company states in his memo that , last year the number of job accidents occurred in the own company are 30% greater than the Panoply industries. Experts assumed that the sleep hours are effecting the work of the employees. However, as more light is shed on the issue and as more detailed facts are concerned, the lack of answers through arguments leads me to question its validity.
First of all, does the safety measures in the newly opened factory are good enough compared to the Panopoly Industries. There might be a possibility that the precautionary measures and safety tips are well used and implemented in Panopoly. Maybe the workers working in the Panopoly knows the each and every corner of their work place rather than employees working in the newly opened industry which leads to risk of doing a work. If the above scenarios are merit, then the argument is weakened.
Secondly, does sleep cycle really effect the work load? In other words, does the difference of 1 hour in sleep effects the performance of work? There is a possibility that workers who slept for more hours in Panopoly have experienced job accident. If the above mentioned assumption is true, then the argument does not hold water.
Finally, does employees from newly opened factory sleep less hours compared to the Panopoly? Just because the shift timings are different, that doesn’t mean the sleeping hours will be different. Perhaps, the people from Panopoly don’t sleep straight after work. Possible chances are they might even sleep late. The argument doesn’t hold strength if the above mentioned scenarios are true.
In conclusion, the argument, as stands as of now, is flawed,. However, if the experts are able to provide enough evidence and offer answers to the above mentioned questions, the argument can be possibly evaluated.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||cnegus||50||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 day ago||orlando23||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||anastasia006||51.5||Read full essay|
|5 months 1 week ago||ChengyuOliver||81.5||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||yej||78||Read full essay|
|6 months 3 weeks ago||Primace||66||Read full essay|
|6 months 3 weeks ago||evanlu||69||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||Gh.Ne||78||Read full essay|
|10 months 3 days ago||gkb||53||Read full essay|
|10 months 4 weeks ago||monil||72.6667||Read full essay|
- The following memorandum is from the business manager of Happy Pancake House restaurants."Recently, butter has been replaced by margarine in Happy Pancake House restaurants throughout the southwestern United States. This change, however, has had little im (49)
- To be an effective leader, a public official must maintain the highest ethical and moral standards.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In (58)
- The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books."We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base bec (60)
- Claim: Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's major field of study.Reason: Acquiring knowledge of various academic disciplines is the best way to become truly educated.Write a response in which yo (58)
- Claim: Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's major field of study.Reason: Acquiring knowledge of various academic disciplines is the best way to become truly educated.Write a response in which yo (50)
- Pirouettes Ballet School is the clear choice for any child. Of all the dance schools in Elmtown, Pirouettes has the most intensive program, and our teachers have danced in the most prestigious ballet companies all over the world. Many of our students have (60)
- Mass media and the internet have caused people’s attention spans to get shorter. However, the overall effect has been positive: while people are less able to focus on one thing, they more than make up for it with an enhanced ability to sort through lar (50)
- "All students should be required to take the driver's education course at Centerville High School. In the past two years, several accidents in and around Centerville have involved teenage drivers. Since a number of parents in Centerville have co (38)
- In any profession — business, politics, education, government — those in power should step down after five years.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position (58)
- "During the past year, workers at our newly opened factory reported 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than workers at nearby Panoply Industries. Panoply produces products very similar to those produced at our factory, but its work shifts are one h (57)