Essay topics: Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.
Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.
In asserting that governments must dedicate enough financial support to their major cities, in order to survive, the author failed to acknowledge other diverse issues – the paramount importance of small cities and the role they can play in a government’s tradition and history advertisement – besides allotting money to major cities. Nevertheless, I agree with the statement to the extent that the mentioned government is “only” allotting money for financial prosperity. In other cases, as will be elucidated in the points below, it will not be so.
Due to ambiguous nature of the phrase “thrive”, I will assume it means financial prosperity. Admittedly, when a government’s budget goes to its major cities, the companies and people will have more money, in hand. As a result, more jobs are provided and therefore the productivity develops in the country. Take for instance Japan, Nowadays, japan has few major cities and the rest are village people. Allotting enough time and financial support to its major cities, the government is now a pioneer leader in the car industry and electronics. Not to mention their export rate and job market. Consequently, it can be seen that giving enough credit to major cities, financially, by governments can assure a society’ prosperity.
In addition, in order for a community to thrive, the community needs to advertise its culture by means of tourism. If so, the society will have more money in hand, and more money means proliferation. An example can shed light on this issue. In Shiraz, Iran, ‘Takhte Jamshid’ is one of the things that Persians are fond of. Supporting financially to conserve this thousands-of-year-old ancient metropolis, Persian government has ensured the profound tourism attraction in this city. As a result, a government’s future thriving can be assured by supporting financially its major cities’ tourism industry.
With these examples, it could be argued that governments can only thrive with financially supporting their major cities, but when viewed holistically, it is not because the tradition and the history of a government are lied beneath small cities and villages. Last year, I went to Shaft, Iran, north of Guilan to take some photos. What I saw was an eye opening landmark with rich history and tradition. However, due to lack of budget, the road to Shaft was only half way, I had to take a long walk to reach the landmark “Imamzade Hashem”. As a result, if the Iranian government had provided enough financial support for the small villages and cities alike, they would have been able to thrive with respect to the fact that tradition and history of a society are only found in its small cities.
In conclusion, I agree with the statement only to the extent that governments are concerned with the financial thriving and development. In other cases, as mentioned above, the situation is far different.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 months 6 hours ago||ajulyav||66||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||davidarranow||54||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||agmh||56.5||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||urvangP||0||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||tanead||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||sagarshukla||66||Read full essay|
|5 months 1 week ago||pranavkgaur||66||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||Zekun||70||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||Zekun||79||Read full essay|
|8 months 3 weeks ago||aditya22||63||Read full essay|
- The following appeared in a memo from the director of student housing at Buckingham College."To serve the housing needs of our students, Buckingham College should build a number of new dormitories. Buckingham's enrollment is growing and, based on current (50)
- In any field of endeavor, it is impossible to make a significant contribution without first being strongly influenced by past achievements within that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement (50)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company. According to a recent report by our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen produced movies than in any o (50)
- "The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition."Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disag (62)
- Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at (58)
- Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.Write a response in which you discuss the e (70)
- The following is a memorandum from the business manager of WLSS television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the s (66)
- a nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you t (54)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of theBalmer Island Gazette."On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involvi (70)
- Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be (50)