Essay topics: If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it are justifiable.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
A goal can an object or it can be an ambition of a person. People use different means to achieve their goal and make successful life. The goals may be chosen for personal growth or it can be for social cause, but it does not mean an individual take any path to achieve the goal. The process to achieve the goal should be moralistic and appropriate then it will be justifiable. Thus, I strongly believe that, "how achieved" is more important than "what achieved". There are examples which supports my stance and explain how the worthy goals should achieved through appropriate means.
Moreover, the way we work to get goal or success helps to analyses the learning throughout the journey. For example, a student wants to gain highest marks in the final exam, and he can use any way to achieve his goal. Finally, he got his goal with cheating and coping from others answer sheet. He got success does not mean that he gets knowledge because exams have taken to analyses the level of knowledge. He got the marks but the knowledge lacks which will become obstacle in further goals of life. The correct path has difficulties and lots of lessons which teach about life and the shortcut to achieve the goal is not justifiable in future results itself.
Furthermore, in sports plays has worthy goal for their success but the path should be legitimate. So many examples we read in sports news about drugs and medication used to win the game. Similarly, there is a famous Olympic player from India named Milkha Singh has faced hard time in sports because some players harass him and want to frighten away from competition. But he is ambitious and work hard to make the success which clearly show that the means taken to attain the success increases the sweetness of the final achievement. The other player who tried to distract him also got named in few games, but they are not as much renowned as Milkha Singh was. So, it is important to choose moralistic path to obtain the goal.
However, when goal is decided for welfare of society than it can be well founded to meet from any means. To give benefits to one society one cannot harm other societies. For example, to seize land for people of one nation they attack on other country and fight. According to attacker they are doing good for their society, but it is not justifiable. In India River's Sangam project is going on, under it different large rivers will combine with small distributes to supply enough water. But under this project so many villages face drought and so many-faced flood. The project is very good but although it disturbs large population then it cannot reasonable or justifiable.
To sum up, one should have worthy goal as well as has moralistic way to do it. On the basis of above discussion, we can say that with the goal one should have an appropriate path to achieve it otherwise its success will diminished in few days itself.
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claims is based. (83)
- The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaint (30)
- Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at (60)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position (75)
- The following appeared in a letter to the editor of the Balmer Island azette."On Balmer Island, where mopeds serve as a popular form of transportation, the population increases to 100,000 during the summer months. To reduce the number of accidents involvi (66)
- Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.Write a response in which you discuss the e (50)
- The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend."Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom (59)
- Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or m (16)
- The following appeared as a letter to the editor from a Central Plaza store owner."Over the past two years, the number of shoppers in Central Plaza has been steadily decreasing while the popularity of skateboarding has increased dramatically. Many Central (59)
- Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your rea (50)