The most effective way to understand contemporary culture is to analyze the trends of its youth.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In dev

The most effective way to understand contemporary culture is to analyze the trends of its youth.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

It is a widespread belief that the most efficient way to understand modern culture is to take a closer look at the trends of its youth. Although this idea seems to be reasonable and logical, more thoughtful analysis reveals fundamental problems of this viewpoint. Therefore, I disagree with the issue.

To begin with, many of us profoundly believe that studying trends of youth is the best way to learn about society to which the youth belong to. From this prospect, young generation represent future of society, its development because today's adolescents will inescapably become grown-ups. For instance, the role of the internet and internet services such as Facebook and Twitter has become enormous today due to the fact that yesterday's adolescents, who participated to them, still use them after they have become older. Consequently, studying of youth's trends may indeed help us to learn more about today's culture but may we assert that it is the best way to analyze contemporary culture?

Unfortunately, the answer is "no". Youth does not represent the whole population in all its variety and diversity. Today's culture has been created by elderly and adults as well as youngsters. Moreover, culture created by people who belong to different nationalities, origin, confessions and genders. From this prospect, the proposed idea may give only limited representation of contemporary culture and thus the method is good but not the best.

Furthermore, the idea has the second shortage: many of trends of youth have never become mainstream ones and thus they have little impact on the culture as a whole. Adolescents, who deeply want to separate from their parents, create their specific and often short-lasting trends which are forgotten after those teenagers turned into independent adults. For example, punks and emo are two names of many subcultures which used to be widespread among youngsters but today those trends are forgotten. As a result, extrapolation of trends of youth on the whole culture seems to be questionable and unreasonable.

In conclusion, initially it seems to be logic to study trends of youth in order to learn about contemporary society but more careful gaze at the idea reveals some fundamental problems such as that youth does not represent the whole society and that many of youth trends have never become a part of the mainstream culture which dramatically limited usage of it. Therefore the proposed idea is not the best way to learn about modern culture.

Moreover, culture created by people who belong to different nationalities, origin, confessions and genders.
Moreover, cultures are created by people who belong to different nationalities, origin, confessions and genders.

----------------------
Arguments: OK

----------------------