Essay topics: Some people suggest that it is wrong to give money to beggars asking for money on the street, while others think that it is the right thing to do. Which point of view do you think is correct, and why?
We can spot beggars in almost every city, and it is an important issue for government and citizens. Although many people feel emotional about beggars and try to help them by providing money, I would say that we shouldn't trust and help every single beggar on the street. My reasons are elaborated on hereunder.
First of all, There is no clear evidence for each beggar in the streets, that they are absolutely in need. We cannot trust strangers. Moreover, they can even turn out to be involved in a fraud. For instance, once I heard in the news that police have arrested a gang of swindlers who introduced themselves as poor beggars and consequently they have gained millions of dollars by this fraud. Actually, they have took advantage of people's trust and empathy. Since I heard that news I have never helped beggars in the street because I don't want to help bad people even with low chance of possibility that they are really cheaters. By the way if we want to help beggars, at least we should give careful attention, in order to be sure whether beggars are truly in need or not.
Also I believe that, money never comes easy, whether you are reach or poor, you need to try hard to gain money. No body have become reach in one night, undoubtedly they had passed hard and hopeless days until they achieved success. This is an important lesson to teach children as they grow up. When we help a beggar and give him or her money, we are helping to illustrate the concept of gaining money without any effort. As a result people with financial problems may decide to sit on the streets and earn money without any effort. Undoubtedly, there are plenty of simple works that beggars can be engaged with, especially when beggars are healthy and young, they have a potential to work and be productive instead of sitting aimlessly on the street and asking others to help them, while they can try and find a suitable job. People should learn that they could not become reach by ease and instead of begging on the streets, they should stand and find a job, in that way, not only they can earn money but also they help economy to be more dynamic.
As a conclusion, I do not believe that we should give money to beggars asking for money on the streets. While many people may believe that it is a kind thing to do, I think that disadvantages outweigh the advantages and we should not spread the culture of helping beggars while they can work and be productive instead of standing on the streets. Never have I helped the beggars on the street, others should stop giving money to beggars, in order to help society.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 20 hours ago||prayashpathak||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Chayank_11||70||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||m.h_ghasempourabadi||71||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||ch14b18m000002||60||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 days ago||jab||86.6667||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||fofty||70||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||Kumari Soni||66||Read full essay|
|3 months 3 weeks ago||anvay||60||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 days ago||rahulsingh773||60||Read full essay|
|5 months 1 hour ago||ruaa jawad||60||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays. (76)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Governments should spend more money in support of arts than in support of athletics such as state-sponsored Olympic teams. (73)
- TPO 54. The Salton Sea in California is actually a salty inland lake. The level of salt in the lake's water—what scientists call its salinity—has been increasing steadily for years because the lake's water is evaporating faster than it is be (85)
- TPO 53 Writing IntegratedMany countries require cigarette smokers to pay particularly high taxes on their purchases of cigarettes; similar taxes are being considered for unhealthy foods. The policy of imposing high taxes on cigarettes and other unhealthy (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. (70)
- TPO 55 Writing 1Because of climate change, more and more land that was once used to grow crops or provide food for animals is turning to dry, unusable desert land. There are many proposals about how to stop this process, known as desertification. A number (78)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?When classmates or colleagues communicate about a project in person instead of by e-mail, they will produce better work for the project. (76)
- TPO52 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- TPO 52 (3)
- TPO52 (3)