Essay topics: TPO-50
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
As everything in life is like a coin that has two different sides, people must weigh the pros and cons before jumping to conclusions. After all, all the questions or topic requires some careful deliberations in that there are multiple variables to a truth. Even though some may adamantly believe that all university students should take history courses because it helps in better understanding our society, I believe that this claim lacks coherence to some extent. It is my firm belief that all university students don’t necessarily need to take history courses for a myriad of reasons, and I will develop these ideas in the subsequent passages.
To begin with, history is not necessary for all the students from a variety of major, because it is not equally relevant to their concentration. Needless to say, most, if not all, students from science background will be more interested in studying physics, chemistry or math rather than the historical events from the previous times. History should be chosen by those students who actually interested in studying those events from former times. I have to admit that my opinion on this matter has been profoundly influenced by my own personal experience. For example, from my school days, I was very much fascinated about machines and aircrafts. I had decided to pursue my career as a mechanical engineer over many other choices and went to an engineering university. If I were forced to choose a history course in my curriculum, what contribution do you think would it make? It would serve no purpose in being a mechanical engineer. Additionally, it would be a waste of time. Hence, university curriculum should be designed according to the field of study.
Secondly, if the university students concentrate more on their respected field, they are more close to their success. In this modern era, in the eyes of most of the people, it is believed that students with more specialized and advanced knowledge of their respective concentration will be more successful in their professional life. Take my father as an example. My father is a renowned doctor in our city with a specialization in cardiac. He often tells me about his journey of his medical life and becoming a cardiac specialist by more and more studying the human heart. It is clear as day to me that he wouldn’t have been such specialist if he were forced to study history rather than his area of interest.
In summary, yes, it is virtually impossible to provide a satisfactory explanation to an open minded question. However, I believe that all university students shouldn’t be required to choose a history course if they are not interested regardless their field of study because it is not equally crucial for all major fields.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|6 days 21 hours ago||Mohammad.MT||76||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 6 days ago||rathoreLS||78||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 5 days ago||Niusha405||73||Read full essay|
|4 weeks 17 hours ago||negiin||73||Read full essay|
|4 weeks 17 hours ago||negiin||66||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||bishoy||83||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||mahan vahab kashi||71||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||mah98||70||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||Aska||60||Read full essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||HHH||73||Read full essay|
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person should never make an important decision alone. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- TPO 51- strange behaviors of elephants (81)
- TPO-50Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (73)
- TPO-49 - Integrated Writing Task (80)
- TPO-48 - Independent Writing TaskDo you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because modern life is very complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize. (70)
- TPO 45: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives. Use specific reasons and ex (73)
- TPO-41: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Teachers were more appreciated and valued by society in the past than they are nowadays.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- TPO40 integrated (80)
- TPO 40Some parents offer their school-age children money for each high grade (mark) they get in school. Do you think this is a good idea?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- TPO-02 - Integrated Writing Task In many organizations, perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team. Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages. (80)